TEEN HACKATHON FOR HIGH SCHOOL AND MIDDLE SCHOOL KIDS TO DEVELOP TECH SOLUTIONS TO CIVIC PROBLEMS
To participate, you must be:
- a high schooler
- between ages 11 and 18 (inclusive)
- All code for your project must be written between 10:00am on Saturday, September 8th, 2018, and 7:00pm on Saturday, September 8th, 2018. You may use any publically available libraries/packages.
- All team members must be physically present at the event to qualify for judging.
- All team members must be enrolled in a high/middle school to qualify for judging.
Anyone with any amount of programming experience is welcome! If you're an advanced hacker, you will definitely find our event unique and enjoyable! If you're new to coding, we have plenty of mentors and workshops to help you learn extremely fast and build your first app/website!
You must submit:
- your Github URL to the project
- A URL to a Google Slides Presentation
$2,450 in prizes
Best TeenHacks Overall Civic App
We’re thrilled to announce the Best TeenHacks Overall Civic App with Devpost, an opportunity for you to publish an app for a chance to win your share of cash and prizes up to $10,000.
1st Place – TBD
2nd Place – TBD
3rd Place – TBD
4th Place – TBD
5th Place – TBD
Netscout Innovation award
Best App Award from the host
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
How to enter
Sign up before September 7th, 2018 at 11:59 PM on teenhacks website (click the Register button at the top). We will be emailing out waivers soon!
Creativity ( 1/5) Is the idea unique and innovative? Usefulness ( 2/5) What are the real-world applications? Presentation ( 1/5) Does it look polished and professional? Technical Difficulty (1/5) What type of technical challenges did you solve?